The Obama Project: The Case For Change
by Hugh Hewitt
The Obama Project is an extension of 50 Serious Reasons To Vote Against Obama on November 6, 2012.
2. The failed $850 billion stimulus
3. High, persistent unemployment
4. Gas prices
5. The 2012 budget's fecklessness
6. Massive deficits each and every year
7. The seizure of GM and Chrysler, the transfer of bondholder wealth to unions, and the dumping of the GM stock at a loss
9. Hostility to Israel, including attack on apartment expansion and icing of Prime Minister Netanyahu in basement of White House
10. Failure to support Iran's Green Revolution
11. Failure to support Syrian revolution
12. The Libyan Fiasco
13. The incompetent handling of the Gulf Oil disaster
14. The unnecessary permitorium in the aftermath of the Gulf Oil disaster
15. The shutdown of Shell's Arctic oil exploration by EPA
16. The president's push for cap-and-tax in the Congress
17. The president's attempt to unconstitutionally impose cap-and-tax via EPA when the Congress wouldn't pass cap-and-tax
18. The president's push for unconstitutional restrictions on free speech on his political enemies while keeping the unions free to spend money on campaigns via The Disclose Act
19. The president's attempt to unconstitutionally impose The Disclose Act on his political opponents but not unions via Executive Order
20. The president's use of unaccountable "czars"
21. The president's refusal to accept Congressional direction vis-a-vis his "czars" contained in the last 2011 Continuing Resolution
22. The president's verbal assault on the Supreme Court while the members of the Court sat before him in the state of the Union
23. The president and Eric Holder's politicization of the Department of Justice, including the black panthers case and the refusal to defend DOMA
24. The president's use of demonizing rhetoric towards his opponents, such as accusing doctors of performing unnecessary surgery for money
25. The president's hyper-partisan approach to governing including "I won, you lost" in 2009 and the assault on Paul Ryan with Paul Ryan as an invited guest in the president's April 2011 "deficit speech."
26. Bowing to the Saudi King and the Japanese emperor
27. Returning the bust of Churchill to Great Britain
28. Removing the missile shield from Poland and the Czech Republic
29. Backing the would-be dictator of Hondorus when that nation's Supreme Court rightfully removed him from office
30. Failure to push for quick ratification of free trade agreements with Columbia, Panama and South Korea
31. Indecision on Afghanistan surge coupled with announcement of eventual withdrawal.
32. Incoherence on Egypt, most obviously with the dispatch of Frank Wizner and then rejection of Wizner's advice vis-a-vis Mubarak.
33. Appointment Craig Beck to NLRB via recess appointment
34. Appointment of FCC commissioners who are pursuing "net neutrality" without Congressional authorization
35. Failure to resume full water deliveries to California's Central Valley because of the Delta Smelt
36. Attempt to close Guantanamo Bay
37. Attempt to try terrorists in New York City
38. Janet "The System Worked" Napolitano
39. Government takeover of the student loan program
40. Cancellation of "virtual border fence" project with no replacement or indeed concern for border security
41. The "Beer Summit" and the attack on the Cambridge Police Department
42. The Department of Justice's attack on Arizona for that state's exercise of its sovereign legislative authority on the issue of citizen identification rules
43. The attack on Scott Walker and Wisconsin for the governor's and the state legislature's exercise of their sovereign legislative authority on public employment issues
44. Dabbling in basketball brackets while the Middle East fell into chaos and the gas prices skyrocketed
45. Arguing that American exceptionalism was the same as any nation's sense of exceptionalism
46. Implying that Minnesota bridge collapse was the result of lack of infrastructure funding
47. Inserting himself into campaign for the Olympics
48. Attack on D.C. voucher program
49. Van Jones and a long list of other appointees
50. Teleprompter dependency and the worst run of presidential rhetoric since Millard Fillmore combined with testiness in the few interviews he grants.
Yes, there are more notable dismal failures to be seriously added to this check list!